I read a blog every now and then and one of the topics the writer blogs about is savings. Every few days she posts of the money she saved by just changing her attitude or routines a bit. Nothing big, just normally a few dollars here or there. Sam and I tried this weekend to think of ways that we saved money and here is our weekend.
Saturday....Our pickup truck has been making a weird noise in the front tire area. Instead of taking it to the dealership for big bucks, we called a neighbor who has mechanic experience and also works at Flowers Auto parts store. We found out that instead of the $368 piece the Ford Dealership tried to talk us into buying, our friend was able to get us the piece for $59 and repair if himself for a $25!!
Savings....$284
Sunday...We awoke Sunday morning to find our mailbox lying in the ditch on the side of the road. Someone had plowed over it, knocking it down and warping it all to pieces. During "triage", Sam decided that we were going to have to buy a new one but upon further inspection, he was able to use his welder to fix a few broken pieces and was able to use a mallet to knock it back into shape. Our mailbox is now standing by the side of the road again, not quiet as pretty as it once was, but no money was spent on a new metal mailbox.
Savings....$65.37
Monday...Caylon had to had OP surgery about 6 weeks ago. Everything was covered by our insurance except for the anesthesiologist. For some strange reason, even though the hospital and the surgeon were both listed as participating providers, the anesthesiologist wasn't. Upon receiving a bill for $550, I called my insurance company and they were able to "wrap" those charges in with the hospital charges and they were paid at 100%!!! All it took was a phone call on my part and 10 mins. of my time.
Savings....$550.
Sooo, for the last 3 days, my savings total is $899.37
Not too shabby!!!
My camera is broken so no pics today. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to fix it or catch one of the great deals being offered during the holiday season and snag us a smaller, more compact, camera.
Have a great one.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Beth,
This is Dec. 20th. I read Crystals Homemaking/Homesteading site all the time and I just read your comment on Lainey getting into everything and your getting worn out. Made me feel better as I have been watching my 17 month old granddaughter, Gracie, one day a week and she is never still and I get so tired. I am a lot older than you but makes me feel better to think you are always picking up behind Lainey and get tired also! Thanks for sharing! Nancy D.
Post a Comment