Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday morning

This past week has been busy. I've been trying to get everything done before the BIG day. I've decluttered, cleaned, organized and straightened up until there's not much left in the house!! Sam is all out of sorts because I've moved "his stuff" and he can't find it.
Caylon is moseying right along. Her feet and ankles are swelling a little more now than they were and she's got "chunky toes". She tried to paint them last night but didn't get too far. I'll have to help her later on today.


I got my last bucket full of peppers from the garden. I'll spend today getting them in the freezer. Other than a few tomatoes left on the vine, there's not much else out there. I turned my chickens loose to clean up all the tomatoes that had dropped to the ground and the peppers that had begun to shrivel on the lower half of the plants. We turned the 9 "toddlers" out with the rest of the flock and they seem to be doing very well. They look so funny. I just sit and laugh at them. We have 4 chicks still in the brooder box that have another couple of weeks before they'll get turned out. Now I have 12 banty eggs in the incubator that have 2 more weeks to go. We had a banty hen, Pixie, that was setting on them but she got up and walked off, so we had to drag the incubator back out. I hope some of them hatch. We have our regular flock of layers with one rooster, 2 "teenagers", 9 "toddlers" and then 4 chicks. I know I could use the correct terminology , but it is so much easier to say teenagers or toddlers and then everybody in the family knows who I am talking about!!

I decorated some this week for fall. Our side porch always looks so neglected so I cleaned up all the cobwebs and dead leaves and spruced it up some. It sure looks better!!


Well, my on-line time is drawing to a close so I'll say Goodbye!!
Till next time!!

Beth










No comments: