Monday, April 7, 2008

Ducks

Meet the ducks. I haven't named them yet because I don't know if they're male or female. They are Pekin ducks and were given to me from a lady that my mom works with. They were "prop" ducks for a local photographer and once Easter pictures were taken, he didn't have any use for the ducks so they needed a home. We have them in solitary confinement for awhile until they get used to us. They are in a pen Sam made in the corner of the pasture. It works out very well. They have enough room to walk and run, enough for a large water dish and they have a tree for shade so they're doing well. I will let them out in the general population before too long.


I've been on a cleaning and purging kick for the last couple of weeks. I have cleaned out almost all of my kitchen cabinets and my pantry and have moved on to my bedroom. Ahhh, it feels nice to get rid of a bunch of clutter. I hope to never have to deal with too much "stuff" again. My outlook on "stuff" has changed so much in the past year or so. Before, I was caught up in the materialism frenzy of our society but now, less is sooo much better.

Have a great week.

Beth

No comments: