FOR TODAY August 4, 2008
Outside my window...
I see my poodle, Dom, waiting patiently for me to let him back in the house.
I am thinking...
That I need to be in the kitchen, starting on my apple jelly
I am thankful for...
a husband that leaves home each week, for days at a time, to provide for us
From the kitchen...
pickles, pickles and more pickles with some dehydrated tomatoes and apple jelly in the works
I am wearing...
Blue shorts, gray tank-top and my apple apron
I am creating...
all types of goodies in the kitchen to be eaten and enjoyed this winter
I am going...
to Wal-Mart to get some dogfood
I am reading...
Ball's Blue Book of Canning
I am hoping...
to have all of these cucumbers taken care of TODAY
I am hearing...
Caylon and her friend, Kelly, talking in the livingroom
Around the house...
My kitchen is need of a deep cleaning and the grass needs mowing BADLY but other than that, we're doing o.k.
One of my favorite things...
One of my favorite things...
is putting food up for the coming winter.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
~finish canning pickles, apple jelly and dehydrating the tomatoes
~pick and can tomatoes
~finish tilling and raking the area for the collard and turnip greens
~freeze bell peppers
~dehydrate more cayenne peppers
~mow grass and clean up yard
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
2 loaves of homemade bread, apple juice for jelly and apple pie filling that was all made in my kitchen on Saturday.
To read other ladies' entries into the Daybook, visit Peggy at .http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/



3 comments:
hummmm looks like my house!!!!! love home made bread but mine went to the flea market!!!
your bread looks delicious.. Now that the weather is cooling and Fall is in the air, I hope to be able to make my own bread again.. Thanks for sharing.
Your bread looks awesome! Can I have the recipe?
Post a Comment