Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello all.
Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. My computer bit the dust and I'm now having to use my daughter's laptop. All my pics are gone so I've been having to try to gather my pics from other sources, ie: my mother, daughter, Kodakeasyshare, etc.
We have had a very busy summer and are looking foward to the slide into cooler weather. Our garden was a smashing success this year with many quarts of tomatoes and beans canned for us this winter. I've also put up squash, zucchini and corn in the freezer and have dried tomatoes and apples for soups, stews and pies. Our larders are filling up fast and bow season is now in full swing in our area. Aaron will be going hunting this evening for the first time this season. I would LOVE to be able to have a deer for the freezer and some for canning. That would be wonderful. I have collard greens and cabbages planted in my fall garden and we've had about 3 days of drizzly rain on them and they're growing by leaps and bounds.


Lainey chasing the chickens.

Lainey is growing as well. She is now 11 months old and can pull up and stand and has started walking around the couch while holding on. She is completely off of baby food and is able to feed herself any type of table food. She has 9 teeth and is working on cutting her first molars. She is a copycat and will mimic anything that we do. She can click her tongue, blow kisses, wave bye-bye and tries to snap her fingers. She is getting to be a pro at the ahhh-yaaa karate chops and can say "Shoo" when something stinks. She is such a hoot.

Thurston has found the bird feeder and uses it as his stage to greet the morning.
Beth

3 comments:

Ron said...

It sounds like you've had a great harvest! Congrats!

Deer season starts soon around here... and venison in the freezer is running very low. I'm hoping for one too!

That photo of Thurston is great. :)

Ron

Beth said...

Thank you Ron. Thurston and his 'woman', Lovey, hatched out The Professor and Mary Ann this summer. They are my bantams (banties) and roam the yard constantly.

Aaron had no luck this go-round on the hunting, maybe next time....

Beth

Walter Jeffries said...

Nice rooster! Looks just like ours. It is fun to have a few of those colorful lads around.