
I just can't believe it's Thursday. Time is flying.
Lainey is doing wonderfully. She is doing all the baby things: eating, sleeping and filling her diapers full!! She has started making small baby sounds, the gulps, gurles and oooohhhh sounds. Sooo cute. She is 10 days old and has already fixed herself in all of our hearts.
There is not much going on around the homestead, other than Miss Lainey. I took down all of my tomato cages and let the chickens go wild in the garden. They cleaned it up pretty good, now I just have to get the 'stumps' of the tomato plants dug up and get the chicken coop goodies spread over the garden. We are going to be working in the coop this weekend, getting it winterized. We need to repair the door where Larry, the goat, tore it up. The door gets new boards on it and a new latch. The gangplank from the coop to the ground needs to be reattached to the back wall of the coop. Ruby uses that for her bed at night and she's about got it tore off. We are also going to add a roost or two to the goat shed so our "toddlers" can roost in there at night. We are moving them from the mini-coop to the big coop and then putting our 4 chicks into the mini-coop from the brooder box. So much musical chairs around here!!
I have 2 pie pumpkins baking in the oven right now. I'll get the meat of those scooped out and frozen for pies this winter. I also need to get to work on some apples but those will have to wait for another day.....I have a baby to hold!!
Have a great weekend.
Beth

1 comment:
Beth ~
She is so beautiful!!!!
Boy can't wait to see more photos.
God bless,
Cathie
Post a Comment