Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gifted

I went to my great aunt Lena's today to get more cucumbers and as we were behind the barn, looking at her greens patch, I spied something. She had an old double washtub just sitting there. I told her that I would love to have that if she ever decided to get rid of it and was told that my cousin had already asked for it, he just hadn't come to pick it up yet. Oh, my heart was broken. BUT, (the story gets better!!) She asked me what I was going to do with washtubs and I told her I didn't have any idea, I just wanted them. She took me to the root cellar and looky what she had..........
These were my great-grandmother's washtubs that she used in the 1930's before they had electricity!!!! There was still a hose hooked up one of the tubs but it fell off as we were loading it into the truck. I'll order more hoses from Lehmans and these babies will be ready to rock and roll!!!!!
Oh what a wonderful day.
Beth


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Beth,
I love the wash tubs. You need a wringer though.
What caught my eye was while reading through your blog is AUNT LENA. I lost my mother 5 years ago and her name was Lena. She was an antique collector as well.
Thanks for good memories...and are you going to wash clothes in it?
Lainey is cute too!